How it was done
The Nun Part 2 - How It Was Done
The Second part of our Nun Trilogy. Learn how to build lighting from scratch and how I use my lighting process to tell my visual storey and get it right first time every time.
What you are going to learn
The Second of our Nun Images
Learn how I go from concept through to creation of my image using my "Lego block" process to light my shot and tell my visual storey one light at a time.
In this course you will learn:
- Why the 'norm' is not always right
- The importance of a considered process
- How to get the perfect high key background first time every time
- The roll each light plays in creating the finished image
- How the simplest move can lead to dramatic results
- Why deciding what you want to "say" and "show" the viewer before picking up a camera or placing a light is the key to success
- Hints, tips and tricks on posing, metering, lighting, composition and much, much more.
With over 34 yeas in the industry, from opening my first 'General Practice' studio in Widnes to becoming an international celebrity and fashion photographer, I have seen, done and shot just about everything in the world of photography.
As a youngster I watched the Olympus TV commercials featuring the legendary David Bailey and proudly told my mum, 'One day that'll be me!' Sure enough, in 2013 I was named Mr. Bailey's successor as Olympus UK's Principal Photographer.
My clients include some of the biggest companies and brands in the world, such as John Lewis, L'Oreal and Aston Martin. My work is collected by celebrities, musicians and entrepreneurs and I have photographed everyone from Rock Stars and Actors to Politicians and Prime Ministers.